Press release -
Free-To-Play Dinosaur Action-Adventure ARK: Survival Evolved Now With More Features Than Ever On iOS and Android
**Note to editors: If you would like a Primal Pass, please reply to this message**
January 28, 2019: War Drum Studios has announced that the free-to-play mobile version of ARK: Survival Evolved available on the App Store and Google Play now has more features than ever before after six months of constant updates to the popular open-world dinosaur survival game.
Franchise creators Studio Wildcard’s beloved game offers gamers a unique survival experience as they traverse an expansive, online world filled with fellow players, dinosaurs and other deadly prehistoric creatures.
Available for free, the iOS and Android title includes a subscription service, called Primal Pass, which gives survivors access to an ad-free experience along with reserved server slots, free gifts, and more.
ARK: Survival Evolved for mobile has been updated with major new features including a PvX Game Mode unique to the mobile version of ARK which blends elements of Player-vs-Player (PvP) and Player-vs-Everything (PvE) into a single, chaotic server.
New creatures such as the Baryonyx, Iguanodon, Griffin, and Otters have also been added to the game, as have server transfers, single player difficulty and Survival Mode settings, cosmetic items and the unique ARKetype items.
The latest update, which goes live today, introduces a photo mode with a variety of filters and easy sharing to social media, and a new variation of the PvX Game Mode called PvX Clock, which adds a rotating PvP zone to the mix.
January’s update also introduces an Alarm Tower and Warning Bell (which send push notifications when your base is being raided) and new features for the Dodo and Spinosaurus. Players can now breed Dodos to be bigger and bigger to unlock awesome new skills, even getting big enough that they can be ridden.
Finally, the January Update also brings long-requested localisation support for the following languages: French, Italian, German, Spanish & Brazilian Portuguese.
Features unique to ARK on mobile include mailboxes granting players the ability to send notes and gifts to each other, daily Pursuits that set challenges and offer rewards, new item engrams such as the Water Valve and Geopolymer Cement Foundation, and the ability to summon tamed creatures back to your base should you lose them.
Master the world of ARK by crafting equipment, building bases, taming wildlife and teaming up with friends to form powerful tribes. Take the fight to rival tribes in battles for resources, then construct villages and cities with technology spanning the primitive stone-age to the modern electric-powered era and beyond.
Ever wanted to hunt with your own pack of viscous Raptors, sail through the air on the back of a Pterodactyl or ride a T-Rex into battle? ARK: Survival Evolved is the game for you.
ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile Features:
- 90+ Dinosaurs: Use cunning strategy and tactics to tame, train, ride and breed the many dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the dynamic, persistent ecosystems across land, sea, air, and even underground.
- Discover: Unearth rare blueprints and Explorer Notes written by previous human denizens of the ARK from across the millennia, detailing the mysterious island’s creatures and backstory.
- Explore, Craft and Build: Survive - using any means necessary - craft weapons, clothes, and items, and build shelters, villages, or even large cities! Plant, Harvest, Build, Level-Up, and Customise everything visually and functionally, including procedurally-generated RPG statistics for creatures, characters, resources, clothing, gear, and weapons, both primitive and modern.
- Play Alone or Team Up to Survive: Team up with, or prey on, up to 60 other players in a large-scale, multiplayer online first-person environment, or choose single player mode to test your mettle against the dinos alone.
- Join a Tribe: The 'Tribe' system encourages cooperation, by supporting dynamic parties to share resources, XP, and key re-spawn points.
ABOUT STUDIO WILDCARD
Studio Wildcard was co-founded in 2014 by industry veteran Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse Rapczak, former Technical Art Director at Microsoft Game Studios, with the mission of bringing AAA quality to ambitious indie productions that are designed for core gamers. With combined 25 years of industry experience across multiple independent and studio-backed titles, Jeremy and Jesse have teamed up with other veteran developers for Seattle, WA-based and Gainesville, FL-based development studios that also include distributed team members across multiple continents. Wherever talented, driven developers may reside, Studio Wildcard intends to seek out and work with them!
ABOUT WAR DRUM STUDIOS
Based in Gainesville, Florida, War Drum Studios is a cutting edge game developer with a pedigree in development and conversions including multiple titles in the Grand Theft Auto series and the original Max Payne along with original development on the critical and commercial success, Auralux. The studio focuses on rapid development of games with a high standard of quality and excellent gameplay.