Shaun O'Toole who has been jailed for a burglary in Wirral
Shaun O'Toole who has been jailed for a burglary in Wirral

News -

Op Castle: Man, 49, jailed for three years and nine months for Wirral burglary

We have today, Monday 19th August, welcomed the sentencing of a 49 year-old man for a burglary at a house in Wirral.

Officers were called to Greenwood Lane in Egremont at 6.45am on Friday 14th June following reports unknown offenders had forced entry into a house.

An untidy search of the property had been carried out and a quantity of jewellery and electronics had been stolen.

House-to-house, CCTV and forensic examinations were carried out and Shaun O’Toole of King Street, Egremont, was arrested and charged.

He pleaded guilty and was today sentenced to three years and nine months in prison.

Detective Inspector Steve Ball said: “We believe people have a right to feel safe and secure in their homes and we know how distressing a burglary can be.

“At Operation Castle, we are committed to locating, arresting and put before the courts those who invade homes and businesses in our communities and we will take swift and positive action when people provide information about who is committing burglaries or where stolen goods are being stored.

“There is also crime prevention advice available on our website and I would particularly ask that people lock all their windows and doors before going to bed, move any vehicle keys away from sight of windows and the reach of letter boxes and lock garden tools in sheds so that they cannot be used to force entry into properties.”

For more crime prevention advice go to


  • Crime


  • burglary
  • court
  • wirral


  • Merseyside

If you have any information about a particular appeal, or want to report crime or antisocial behaviour in your area please contact Merseyside Police on Twitter @MerPolCC or call 101. You can also contact @CrimestoppersUK.

Any information no matter how small, will be treated with the utmost confidence and could assist with our investigations.

Merseyside Police has copyright for any photographs or images used in this article.