Press release -
Looking good in the afterlife is more important to Millennials than family photos
New research* has supported the old adage that we get more sentimental as we get older, with 78% of the over 65s wanting to take family pictures with them into the afterlife, compared to just half of the 18-24 age group.
The study – from over 50s finance site Over50choices.co.uk - asked men what they would take into the afterlife with them if they had a ‘forever’ man cave and found:
- Nearly 40% more over 65s wanted to take beer with them (81% of those aged 65+ compared to 43% of those aged 18-24).
- A good night's sleep was more important to 14% more the over 65s, with 78% requesting a mattress vs. 64% of those aged 18-24.
- Technology and TV / DVD were more or less important to every age group, with no real differences across any of the age bands.
- Over a third (38%) of those aged 65+ would take a pool table - compared to just over 1 in five (21%) of those aged 18-24.
- 50% of the 18-24s would take a coffee maker - compared to nearly two-thirds (72%) of the over 65s.
- 79% of 18-24s would be concerned with their appearance in the afterlife and take grooming products compared to 50% of the over 65s (though those aged 45-54 are the least concerned about appearance, with just 35% taking grooming products).
- 71% of 18-24s would take an arcade game with them - compared to just 25% of the older generation.
- Wine, whisky and a pet were other common requests from the over 65s, compared to “pizza” and "nothing" for those aged 18-24.
*Research carried out March 2018 for Over50choices by Usurv. Study of 300 male respondents aged 18+
- Lifestyle, Fashion, Leisure
- sentimental seniors
- man cave
Launched in June 2013, Over50choices.co.uk is an online comparison site specialising in funeral planning and life insurance for the Over 50s. We offer a wide range of personal finance products and utility services. Quite simply we give you 'choices'!
Our objective is to present simple, easy to read information and guides that help you put plans in place and make more informed financial decisions.
We are Independent, meaning that we are not owned by any corporate companies and offer products and services we believe can help make a difference.
In addition to our range of insurance, energy and financial products, we focus significantly on funeral planning; a subject we believe is of great importance. We appreciate that although death is the one thing we all have in common; it is not a subject we like to talk about. But by talking about it and taking time to put plans in place, you really can make life that little bit easier for those you care about, both financially and emotionally.
Through our combined experience of over 50 years in financial services and more latterly life insurance and funeral plans for the over 50s, we can provide you with the widest funeral planning choices in the UK. Whether you want information on arranging a funeral, making a will or personalising a funeral service, or you want to compare and buy a funeral plan, we can help you with it all.
We are proud to say that we are authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) who regulate the financial services industry in the UK. This means that you can be sure we comply with their rules and guidance and that our customers are treated fairly. As an authorised company, we can not recommend or give advice on specific products but we can provide information to guide you through your options and help you make the right decision for you.
If you are looking for more guidance about specific products, some of our partners are authorised to give advice and are on hand to help. We will make it clear on our website where this service is available.