Press release -
Nine winters, 900,000 members: the MySkiStar loyalty club is on course for a million
After nine winter seasons, SkiStar’s popular loyalty club, MySkiStar, has seen membership surpass 900,000. MySkiStar offers personalised deals and offers, free wifi and tools allowing skiers to track their stats, see how many calories they’ve burned, collect pins and find – as well as compete with – friends on the slopes.
The objective of MySkiStar was to create a stronger connection to the customer through relevant, personal communication to each individual member and offer great value, entertainment and inspiration for living an active lifestyle through skiing. It can be used at all of SkiStar’s destinations: Hemsedal and Trysil in Norway, Åre, Sälen and Vemdalen plus Hammarbybacken in Sweden and St. Johann in Tirol in Austria.
- The main reason behind starting MySkiStar was to create a personal and digital meeting place for our customers, says Linda Morell, PR Manager at SkiStar. In addition, it is a fun and easy way to motivate our customers to get more out of their ski holiday. We’ve done this by producing a gamification element which we complemented with classic loyalty club features such as discounts, offers and points on all online purchases made on skistar.com. Points which are accumulated can be exchanged the next time you shop with us.
Incorporating gamified elements with skiing, motivation and performance has become an increasingly important part of MySkiStar since its inception, with members becoming more engaged and loyal in response to competitions and challenges.
- We will continue to work from a holistic perspective and help our customers get as much as possible out of their ski holidays at our resorts, adds Morell.
Benefits and functions with MySkiStar:
- See where your friends are on the slopes
- Get points on everything you purchase on skistar.com
- Get unique offers based on your skiing
- Get unique offers from our partners
- Collect pins
- Follow your skiing statistics
- Surf the web free with MySkiStar WiFi by Telenor in selected areas at the resorts
- See how many calories you burn on the slopes
- Follow the leaderboards and competition
See personalised information on piste maps within the SkiStar app
SkiStar in brief:
SkiStar AB (publ.) is listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm stock exchange, Mid Cap segment. The group owns and operates ski resorts in Sälen, Åre, Vemdalen, and Hammarbybacken (Stockholm) in Sweden, Hemsedal and Trysil in Norway, and St Johann in Tirol in Austria. Market share is 50% in Sweden, 31% in Norway and a total of 41% in Scandinavia. Our core business is alpine skiing, and our main focus is the overall ski experience of our guests. The business is divided into three segments; Ski resorts – Operation, Infrastructure and Development.
Images and videos in SkiStar's Newsroom can be freely used along with information about SkiStar and/or SkiStar's destinations and products.