Department of Health (National): Statistical Press Notice: Access to GUM services
The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health:
GUMAMM for month ending 31st March 2010.
This data shows the number of first attendances to a GUM clinic for each clinic provider, how many of these attendances were offered an appointment within 48 hours and how many were seen within 48 hours. Main findings are:
- The percentage of 1st appointments offered within 48 hours was 99.9% for March 2010, it was 99.7% for February 2010.
- The percentage of 1st attendances seen within 48 hours as a proportion of the total number of 1st attendances was 88.1% for March 2010, it was 87.6% for February 2010.
- The total number of 1st attendances was 130,307 in March 2010 which is 5,666 per working day, it was 5,838 per working day in February 2010.
- The total number of attendances was 187,873 in March 2010 which is 8,168 per working day, it was 8,275 per working day in February 2010.
- The collection covers 143 NHS providers & 1 Independent Sector provider that are responsible for 203 GUM clinics providing type 3 services.
Phone: For enquiries please contact the above department
- department of health (national)
- gum services