Press release -
Swedish fika creates growth – Waynes Coffee and Löfbergs join forces
They are both a part of the Swedish fika culture. The coffee shop chain Waynes and the coffee roaster Löfbergs are now joining forces in a collaboration that will strengthen the two companies. As from spring of 2021, Löfbergs will be the exclusive coffee supplier to all of Waynes’s coffee shops around the world. Waynes, which was founded in 1994, currently operates in ten markets in Europe, Middle East and Asia. The aim is to continue to grow, both in Sweden and abroad.
- We share the passion for the Swedish fika culture and the same vision in terms of quality and sustainability. Organic coffee is the core of Waynes’s business, and it has therefore been important to find a supplier that shares our values and our focus on the good flavour. Löfbergs is a perfect partner that can strengthen our offer, says Mats Hörnell, CEO of Waynes.
- A collaboration that creates value for both us and Waynes. For our part, it is about Löfbergs getting a firmer foothold in the Swedish coffee shop market, at same time as we reach new markets around the world, says Fredrik Nilsson, acting CEO of Löfbergs.
Want to continue to grow
Waynes, essentially a Swedish family business, opened its first coffee shop in Stockholm in 1994. Today Waynes has about 160 coffee shops in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Germany, the UK, Cyprus, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Vietnam and China.
A change in ownership occurred in 2018 and the new owners have a strong focus on expansion. Waynes has established three new markets and opened about 40 new coffee shops since the change in ownership. The aim is to continue to grow, both in existing and new markets.
- Waynes has made an amazing journey, and it will be incredibly exciting to be a part of their continuous growth. We also see great potential in Waynes’s new line of ownership, which can bring expanded business opportunities for both of us, says Fredrik Nilsson.
A unique assortment
Both Löfbergs and Waynes have a strong focus on sustainability. Löfbergs is one of the largest buyers of organic and Fairtrade labelled coffee in the world. And all coffee at Waynes is organic, which means that it is farmed without any artificial fertilisers and chemical pesticides.
- Working sustainably is the foundation of our entire business. All our coffee is organic, which means that we and our guests are taking responsibility for people and the planet. This is not something we compromise on, and we feel completely confident in being able to keep delivering fair and good products together with Löfbergs, says Mats Hörnell.
Together with Löfbergs, Waynes have developed a unique coffee assortment that is especially adapted for its guests. The coffee is made of carefully selected beans from organic and Rainforest Alliance certified farms in South and Central America as well as East Africa. And of course, the unique and highly appreciated flavour will be the same.
Waynes in short
- An international chain of coffee shops founded in Sweden in 1994
- Has about 160 coffee shops in ten markets in Europe, Middle East and Asia
- Serves approximately 40,000 guests every day
Löfbergs in short
- A Swedish family-owned coffee company founded in 1906
- The production corresponds to 10 million cups of coffee – a day
- Operates in about ten markets core markets in Europe and Canada
Waynes is an international coffee shop chain that set the standard for the modern European coffee concept - how, when and where to grab a coffee in an urban environment. The first coffee shop opened in Stockholm in 1994, and today the Swedish chain has 160 coffee shops in 10 markets in Europe, the Middle East and China.
Read more on www.waynescoffee.com