LINK Landskap is awarded WAN Waterfront Award 2016 for The Waterfront Promenade at Aker Brygge in Oslo. The precinct’s developer, Norwegian Property (NPRO), aimed to reinvigorate Aker Brygge by refurbishing the urban outdoor spaces, transforming the area’s retail concept, and introducing new office space.
LINK Landskap has been responsible for the design of the outdoor spaces. Increasing visual and physical contact with Oslo’s magnificent fjord landscape, while also encouraging social interaction and diversity of form along the waterfront promenade has been the main achievements. Head of LINK Landskap Anne Pia Møllenhus expresses her gratitude and says she is proud of her colleagues as well as NPRO who has played an active role in programming and design.
The World Architecture News Awards, WAN AWARDS, is an international architectural awards programme. A total of 22 categories are represented throughout the year, including the WAN Waterfront Award. The Waterfront award aims to bring together some of the best designs providing a global platform to showcase inspirational ‘built’ designs spanning over the past five years.
This year’s judges were:
- Bryan Avery MBE, Principal at Avery Associates Architects
- Richard Coutts, Co-founder of Baca Architects Ltd
- Pablo Lazo, Associate Director of Urban Planning at Arup
- Morten Schmidt, Partner and Co-founder of Schmidt Hammer Lassen architects
- David Walker, Design Partner of PWP Landscape Architecture