News • Oct 22, 2018 18:55 GMT
- Revenues in the third quarter were 3% up on the same period last year. The growth is due to a positive third quarter for advertising revenue, which rose 21% in the quarter. Digital advertising revenue was the main reason for the growth, but there was also a significant improvement in paper-based advertising for Global Publications.
- Subscription revenue fell by 2% in the quarter. Adjusted for exchange rate changes, the trend was stable for both Mynewsdesk and Norwegian Publications, while there was a small decline in Global Publications.
- EBITDA ended the quarter on NOK 12m, down NOK 7m.The decline was caused by lower profitability in Mynewsdesk, which was down NOK 7m. The operating loss for the quarter was NOK 1m.
- The French SaaS company Mention was purchased in the third quarter to strengthen the future development of Mynewsdesk.The initial purchase price was EUR 14m, with a future variable pricing element related to the combined business development up to and including 2020. The acquisition will contribute with strong digital knowhow, innovation and technology, as well as a global customer base to Mynewsdesk’s existing operation.
- Nautisk Forlag’s business has been sold to StormGeo with effect from 1 October. The net effect of the transaction will be recognised in the fourth quarter and is expected to contribute with a small profit. Year to date 2018, Nautisk has contributed with revenues of NOK 83m and an operating loss off NOK 12m to the Group’s consolidated numbers, while the corresponding figures for 2017 was NOK 95m and NOK 10m.
- Hege Yli Melhus Ask has been appointed as the new CEO of NHST Media Group. She comes from a position as Executive Vice President for the business area Privat of the insurance company Gjensidige Forsikring ASA. She will take up her post on 1 November.
Press Releases • Sep 04, 2018 09:26 GMT
NHST Media Group AS has entered into an agreement for the sale of the business of Nautisk Forlag AS to Stormgeo AS. Completion of the transaction is subject to the fulfilment of certain standard conditions and closing is expected within the next month or a soon as is practical.
Part of NHST since its inception in 1896, Nautisk has in recent years invested in the development of new, innovative solutions and has spearheaded the digital transformation of the nautical charts industry. The transaction will make Nautisk part of a broader maritime solutions provider and has a strong strategic logic
Financial details of the transaction are not being disclosed.
For any further information:
Andreas Emblem, Chair of the Board of Nautisk Forlag AS
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: + 47 932 56 068
Press Releases • Aug 31, 2018 14:06 GMT
Paris/Stockholm/Oslo 31st August, 2018
Mynewsdesk, the leading provider of a SaaS all-in-one digital PR platform in the Nordics, today announced that it has acquired Mention, a Paris-based real-time web and social monitoring tool used by a global customer base. The addition creates a new global category leader within real-time web and social listening for small to medium-sized enterprises (SMBs).
Mynewsdesk has in recent years been a major growth driver for the Norwegian business media group NHST. The acquisition of Mention reflects NHST Media Group’s commitment to this business area.
Andreas Emblem, NHST’s Head of Division and Chairman of Mynewsdesk, said: “This acquisition strengthens the global position of Mynewsdesk and lays the foundation for further strong, innovation-led growth. It is the result of an extensive mapping of global investment opportunities and reflects NHST’s commitment to B2B SaaS as a strategic growth area for the group.”
Mattias Malmström, CEO at Mynewsdesk, said: “This acquisition creates a new global category leader providing best-in-class software for PR, marketing and communications for SMEs. Mention is at the forefront when it comes to monitoring, AI and data-driven analytics with a first-class product and technology team.”
With over 3 billion people communicating across digital and social channels globally, it has become harder to keep track of relevant information. Using AI and data-driven analytics, Mention’s monitoring tool allows companies to keep on top of their information flow to support better real-time decision-making.
Since being founded in 2012, Mention has expanded rapidly and averages over 10,000 new users each month. Mention’s rapid growth typifies the ‘born global’ approach taken by many European startups, relying on the international talent pool on offer in Paris.
Matthieu Vaxelaire, CEO and Co-Founder at Mention, said: “Our strength, which has contributed to our success, is the fact we have identified a strong need among SMEs to monitor digital and social channels. With us becoming part of Mynewsdesk, we can jointly offer even more innovative services to the global market.”
Matthieu will take on a new role within the combined company as Chief Operating Officer, spearheading integration, innovation and growth, reporting to CEO Mattias Malmström.
Financial details of the transaction are not being disclosed.
For more information, please contact:
Jonathan Bean, Chief Marketing Officer Mynewsdesk, +46 763923500
NHST Media Group (NHST) is a Norwegian based media group. The Group owns the leading Norwegian publications DN and Morgenbladet as well as Fiskeribladet. In addition, the Group also owns the global media businesses Upstream, Tradewinds, Intrafish and Recharge. NHST is the also the owner of the SaaS company Mynewsdesk which offers an all-in-one digital platform for communications professionals and Nautisk Forlag, an international maritime charts and publications business. NHST has an annual turnover of MNOK 1 300, approximately 750 employees and is owned 54 % by the stock exchange traded company Bonheur ASA.
From social media to PR mentions, user reviews to blog comments, Mention helps leading brands track the most important conversations about their brand, competitors, and industry online. Founded in 2012, Mention’s customer base exceeded 700,000 users in over 125 countries, with over 4,000 enterprise clients.
Mynewsdesk is now serving over 100,000 communicators from over 5,000 brands in more than 100 countries. The platform allows communicators to take control of their digital PR efforts. From media monitoring, publishing brand stories to connecting with journalists and analysing their results, it’s an all-in-one digital platform that improves workflow efficiency for PR and communications professionals.
Press Releases • Aug 27, 2018 07:03 GMT
After an extensive process, the Board has named Hege Yli Melhus Ask (44) as the new group CEO of NHST Media Group. She joins NHST from the position as Executive Vice President of the Norwegian stock exchange traded insurance company Gjensidige where she has been a member of the management group and responsible for the business area Private since 2011.
News • Jul 11, 2018 14:41 GMT
- Revenues in the second quarter were stable.This is a result of the fact that growth in subscription and service revenues offset the decline in advertising revenue.
- Adjusted for the operations which were wound up in 2017, Nautisk Forlag had revenue growth in the second quarter. Revenues in Mynewsdesk before currency effects were stable in the second quarter.
- Subscription growth continued for the publications at a rate of 4 %, while advertising revenue declined 7 %.
- EBITDA before one-time expenses was NOK 31m, a decline of NOK 5m. All the business areas declined, but the largest decline was in Norske Publikasjoner and Mynewsdesk. Both were back NOK 3m.
- After one-time expenses, EBITDA was NOK 25m in the second quarter and the operating profit in the second quarter was NOK 13m.
News • Apr 24, 2018 18:31 GMT
- Revenues in the first quarter were down 3%, but adjusted for Easter effects and discontinued operations in Nautisk, the revenue trend was stable.
- Subscription revenue continued to grow for both the publications with 1 % and Mynewsdesk with 3 %. That translates into MNOK 1 and MNOK 2 respectively. The growth rate was lower than in previous quarters.
- Advertising revenue was lower for both Global Publication with 13 % and Norwegian Publications with 8 %. The decline was MNOK 2,5 og MNOK 3,5 respectively.
- Revenues in Nautisk Forlag was comparable to the same period last year adjusted for discontinued operations. EBITDA in the Q1 2018 was a loss of MNOK 1, compared to losses of MNOK 7 and MNOK 8 in the third and fourth quarter last year.
- EBITDA before one-time effects was MNOK 4 for the Group, which was a decline of MNOK 9 compared to the same period last year. The decline was most significant in Norwegian Publications with MNOK 8 caused by lower advertising revenues.The EBITDA loss of MNOK 4 in the first quarter includes a one-off effect of MNOK 8.
- The operating loss in the first quarter was MNOK 16.
- The Group CEO Gunnar Bjørkavåg resigned ultimo January 2018. The process of finding a new CEO is under way. The Group has expensed MNOK 8 in total charges related to the change of CEO in Q1.
News • Feb 05, 2018 18:21 GMT
Highlights in the quarter
- Revenues in the fourth quarter amounted to MNOK 349, 4 % up on the same quarter last year.
- A continued high growth rate in Mynewsdesk, up 27 %, resulted in revenue growth for the Group.
- The decline in advertising revenue in the fourth quarter, down 2 %, was lower than in previous quarters
- Subscription revenue continued to grow in the fourth quarter, up 2 %, and constituted 58 % of total revenues.
- New services made a positive contribution to both the revenue and the profit in the quarter.
- Operations in Nautisk Forlag remained challenging also in the fourth quarter. The operating loss ended at MNOK 10, including restructuring costs of MNOK 5.
- The Group’s EBITDA before one-time effects of MNOK 26 was up MNOK 3 from the same period last year.
- The operating profit ended at MNOK 6, including restructuring costs.
- Investments in the fourth quarter amounted to MNOK 13, and accumulated for the year to MNOK 41, and were related to digitisation of products and business activities.
Press Releases • Jan 11, 2018 10:14 GMT
Gunnar Bjorkavag and the NHST Media Group board of directors have agreed that Gunnar Bjorkavag resigns from his position as Group CEO, effective from 1 February 2018.
News • Oct 25, 2017 14:32 GMT
Highlights from the quarter
- Revenues in the third quarter were stable despite a 23 % fall in advertising revenues
- Growth in subscription revenues in the publications and the growth in Mynewsdesk compensated for the decline in advertising
- Subscription revenues were 64 % of the total revenues in the quarter, compared with 58 % a year ago
- The EBITDA, before one-time effects, was MNOK 20, which was a decrease of MNOK 2.
- The operating profit was MNOK 7 before one-time effects, down from MNOK 10 in the same period last year.
- Operations in Nautisk Forlag are challenging as a result of an accelerating decrease in sales of paper charts and price pressure. Nautisk had an operating loss of MNOK 11.3 in the quarter including an impairment of goodwill. As a result of the negative trend, a partial restructuring of the business has begun with the closure of the business in Nautisk Americas.
- The extensive digital product development continues, and digital subscription products are seeing substantial growth. Especially Mynewsdesk’s products are growing.
- Concurrently, the Group continues to extend its conference and content marketing presence, such as DN’s new DNX service.
News • Jul 13, 2017 12:04 GMT
Highlights from the quarter
- The second quarter was in total a stable quarter for both revenues and operating results, adjusted for one-time effects.
- Advertising revenues were lower than in the same quarter last year, but was compensated by increased revenues in Mynewsdesk.
- Total revenues for the quarter were MNOK 335. This was a decline of 8 % as against the same period last year. Adjusted for currency and one time effects the decline was 1.5 %.
- Growth in subscription revenue was 4 % in the second quarter. Subscription revenue comprised 57 % of the revenue for the second quarter, up from 50 % for the same quarter last year.
- The Group's media service revenues were stable compared to last year, with growth in Mynewsdesk of 14 % and a decline in Nautisk of 8 %.
- Advertising revenue was down 12 %. Revenue from both digital and paper advertising declined.
- EBITDA for the quarter was a profit of MNOK 36, which was an increase of MNOK 2 adjusted for one-off effects in the second quarter of 2016.
- The operating result for the quarter was a profit of MNOK 24, an increase of MNOK 2 adjusted for one-off effects in 2016.
- Accumulated operating profits were MNOK 24, an improvement of MNOK 21 over the same period last year adjusted for one-off effects.
- Nautisk launched its new navigation product "NaviPlanner" during the Nor-Shipping trade fair in May, thereby completing its portfolio of digital Products
About NHST Media Group
A leading business news provider
The NHST Media Group aims to be the best and leading provider of business news in Norway and a world leader in the following three market segments: shipping, seafood, and oil & gas. All our publications are to be characterised by journalistic thoroughness and quality, as well as by an ability to find the exclusive news that will surprise and involve our readers.
- NHST Media Group
- Christian Kroghs gate 16
- PO Box 1182 Sentrum, N-0107 Oslo, Norway
- Our homepage