A recent University study explains why Singapore is the ideal market for testing an Application before it is launched globally. At the initiative of Helsinki Business School/Aalto Executive Education Singapore and Monterosa Mobile, MBA student Linda Renulf has researched the growth and potential of the Mobile Application market in Singapore. The results of the report show an increased penetration of Mobile Apps and describe Singapore as the ultimate location for launching and gathering feedback before going global.
Renulf conducted in-depth interviews with brand managers at companies including Diageo, OCBC Bank, American Express, Nestle, Standard Chartered Bank, IWC and IKEA, as well as creative and media agencies such as BBH, Mindshare, Millward Brown and others to understand the use of the mobile as a successful digital marketing tool.
Renulf reports, “Singapore is an ideal test market for Global Mobile Apps because in one small, densely populated country, you have a population of extremely trend sensitive, culturally diverse and tech savvy people who use technology as a way to express their individuality and social status. In addition to that, Singapore has one of the highest smart phone penetration in the world. Local enterprises in Singapore have a great opportunity to rapidly establish their brands in the mobile arena.”
Research shows that Singaporeans love their phones more than most people in the world – 89% of them never leave the house without their trusty phones, and nearly half (49%) say that they simply cannot live without their mobiles.(1,2)
Some Industry facts that are hard to ignore
- The enormous growth in the mobile industry is much bigger than the explosion of content and services that accompanied the introduction of broadband Internet 10 years ago.
- Singaporeans have the biggest “app-itite” globally with 67% claiming to own up to 30 apps in their mobile phones. 69% of Smartphone users sampled in Singapore believe apps truly benefit their lives and rely on them at home (22%), traveling (13%), or at work (12%).
- According to the three Singapore telecom’s - SingTel, StarHub and M1, over the past six months, smart phones were 70% to 80% of all cell phone sales.
- Singaporeans are keen users of mobile Internet services, with 60% saying they regularly used mobile web and mobile applications (3)
Changes in Ad spend and focus on engaging consumers
Renulf emphasizes that while the ad spend is increasingly shifting towards digital and often makes up more than 20% of the marketing budget, the challenge for many companies is to figure out how to spend this part of their budget wisely. As annual spend on social media is rising in each of the companies, most managers expressed that they find social media to be tricky, and remained concerned about losing control over their brand.
Says Renulf, “Brands want to engage with their consumers and realize that both social and mobile media are becoming very powerful channels to reach out in the Singaporean market. The dramatic increase in smart phone usage make Mobile Apps the perfect solution for these marketers as they can deliver creative solutions that meet the consumers´ need for engaging in non-intrusive communication while still allowing the marketer to retain full control of the company´s message. “
With more than 60 innovative and effective applications, Monterosa has always been at the forefront on the creative and technological possibilities on the mobile.
Monterosa has offices in Stockholm, Singapore and New York and serves clients such as Google, BMW/Mini, the Swedish Armed Forces, Toyota, WWF etc. The Singapore office is currently looking to explore new partnerships and collaboration with local and global companies who are looking to create a stronger mobile presence.
The full report and presentation on Creative & Effective Mobile App cases is available on request. Please contact Sandra Appelqvist, CEO Monterosa Singapore for more information on the report or potential collaboration.
Phone +65 9639 6084
(1) Media Synovate in ADMA Digital Marketing Yearbook 2010. (2) Ericsson via RWW, january 2011.Mobithinking, Oct 2010. Morgan Stanley, Nov 2010 IAB/PWC adspend study,apr 2010 Borrell associates,aug 2010. Ericsson, Mobile Broadband World, Nov 2010 (3) Mobiany report 2011. Techielobang 2011.
Monterosa's initiative is to provide clients with a mobile appearance that defines them. We are proud to call ourselves the App Tailors delivering the service of a perfect fit.