SkyPixel, the world’s most popular aerial photography community and DJI, the global leading manufacturer of aerial imaging technology, have opened the annual SkyPixel Photo Contest.
The contest, which runs from Oct. 26 to Dec. 30, is open to all entrants and features both 'enthusiast' and 'professional' groups to which users can submit their photos. Entrants can choose between the categories of 'beauty', encompassing natural landscape and urban architecture or '360-degree aerial panorama' which showcases immersive 360-degree views from above aided by Virtual Reality (VR). Photos can be taken with any aerial equipment. A final category 'Drones In Use' features photos taken from any device of drones in flight.
This year’s Grand Prize will be a DJI Mystery Box, a DJI Mavic Pro, Epson Moverio BT-300 smart glasses, Epson SureColor P400 Wide Format Photo Printer and an Adobe Creative Cloud Photography membership (1-year). Other prizes include the DJI Osmo+ and DJI Osmo Mobile.
SkyPixel will also award a so-called Popular Prize to the top-10 most-popular photographs at the end of the submission period. Winners will receive a copy of “Above the World: Earth Through a Drone’s Eye,” a book from DJI celebrating its 10th year anniversary and drawing from photos submitted to SkyPixel, an Insta360 Nano and a Ctrip coupon worth USD 290.
The judging panel includes a select jury of renowned photographers and camera brand ambassadors.
- Mike Kelley: a renowned architectural and real-estate photographer and regular contributor to Fstoppers;
- Koji Ueda: a Hasselblad ambassador and instructor at NIKON College and Panasonic LUMIX Photo School;
- Wang Jianjun: a famous Chinese contemporary landscape photographer and winner of the China Golden Photography Award;
- Liu Kuanxin: a well known aerial photographer, the Director of China Photographers’ Association, and winner of the China Golden Photography Award;
- Ilhan Eroglu: a Sony Alpha brand ambassador, whose works have been featured in Digital Photography Magazine
- Christina Tan: a Travel + Leisure Magazine social ambassador and drone enthusiast who works closely with hotel brands and tourism boards worldwide to create engaging travel content.
Submissions Start: October 26th, 2016 2:00PM CST
Submissions End: December 30th, 2016 1:59PM CST
Award Announcements: January 20th, 2017 (Times correspond to China Standard Time CST)
DJI is a global leader in developing and manufacturing innovative drone and camera technology for commercial and recreational use. DJI was founded and is run by people with a passion for remote-controlled helicopters and experts in flight-control technology and camera stabilization. The company is dedicated to making aerial photography and filmmaking equipment and platforms more reliable and easier to use for creators and innovators around the world. DJI’s global operations currently span North America, Europe and Asia, and its revolutionary products and solutions have been chosen by customers in over 100 countries; for applications in film, advertising, construction, fire fighting, farming, and many other industries.