Southern Rail has today released details of the trains it expects to run on Wednesday 22 February, when the RMT stages a 24 hour strike.
During the last RMT strike, on 23 January, Southern ran around three-quarters of its normal service. Southern expects to run at least that number again.
Southern will make the following changes:
- No Southern West London Line services between Clapham Junction and Milton Keynes Central via Kensington Olympia / Watford Junction
- No Southern service between Leatherhead and Guildford (four trains a day)
- Buses replace Rye – Ashford International shuttle services in the morning and evening peaks. However we plan to operate most services between Ashford International and Brighton.
- Some trains between London Bridge and Brighton, Eastbourne or Littlehampton will not operate
- Some services between Brighton and Seaford / Eastbourne / Hastings / Ashford and between Brighton and / Bognor Regis / Littlehampton / Portsmouth Harbour / Southampton Central will not operate and others will have fewer carriages than normal
- Most services that only run between Brighton and Hove will not operate
Angie Doll, Passenger Services Director, Southern said:
“We will be running as many trains as possible on Wednesday but our advice to passengers is to expect some disruption and check on our website before you travel.”
Online journey planners will be updated 24 hours in advance. Passengers meanwhile are advised to check the Southern website for further details www.southernrailway.com (exact link: www.southernrailway.com/your-journey/strike) including how to claim strike compensation.