More than 100,000 people have used a HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) online service, to ensure that their car benefit and car fuel benefit is correct.
The service – for checking or updating company car tax – is available via the Personal Tax Account (PTA) and allows customers to:
- tell HMRC about changes that need to be made as soon as the circumstances around the use of their company car change
- see the amount of car benefit based on the company car reported
- see their amount of car fuel benefit based on the company car reported
- immediately see the impact a change has on their tax code.
Ruth Owen, Director General of Customer Service, HMRC said:
“With the new online service customers can keep their tax affairs up to date in real time putting customers in control of their tax affairs.
“The online service means people can keep updated on any device, at any time of the night and day.”
Notes to Editors
Customers can access their Personal Tax Account on any device - PC, tablet or smartphone. It is secure and takes just a few minutes to get started. Those doing it for the first time will need:
There are three simple steps for customers to get started:
1. Go to gov.uk/personal-tax-account and click ‘start now’.
2. Set up a Government Gateway account (if not already held) by answering a few simple questions - this is where a payslip or P60 is needed. A security access code will then be sent to the customer’s phone.
3. Enter the access code on their phone when prompted, which will take them straight to their account.
The ‘check or update your company car tax’ service went live on 30 November.
Issued by HM Revenue & Customs Press Office
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is the UK’s tax authority.
HMRC is responsible for making sure that the money is available to fund the UK’s public services and for helping families and individuals with targeted financial support.