-Airline increases frequency between London and key US destinations in response to demand
-Flights available to book today at Norwegian.com
Norwegian today announced frequency increases between London Gatwick and key US destinations such as San Francisco and Tampa in response to demand. The increases will take affect from 29th March 2020 and run throughout the summer 2020 schedule. Fares from Gatwick to the US for summer 2020 are available from £155 one way* and are available to book now on www.norwegian.com
The route frequency increases are:
London Gatwick to San Francisco – becomes a daily service (up from x5 weekly)
London Gatwick to Austin - x4 weekly service (up from x3 weekly)
London Gatwick to Denver - x4 weekly service (up from x3 weekly)
London Gatwick to Tampa - x3 weekly service (up from x2 weekly)
The airline will now offer travellers flying across the Atlantic even more choice when choosing their departure dates by offering over 75,000 extra seats on these specific routes during the summer 2020 schedule.
Matthew Wood, SVP Commercial at Norwegian said: “In line with our business strategy of moving from growth to profitability we are ensuring that we concentrate on key routes across our network where we see strong demand. These frequency adjustments ensure that our customers can have more choice when choosing their flights to the US at fares that remain affordable to all.”
Voted Skytrax Best Low-Cost Long-Haul airline, Norwegian operates a series of affordable flights from London Gatwick to global destinations in Europe, the USA, Argentina and Brazil. The airline offers all customers free and high-speed gate-to-gate Wi-Fi on flights in modern aircraft that are on average 3.8 years old and more environmentally friendly.
As part of our long haul network adjustments the following routes will operate with reduced frequency as of 29th March 2020, Gatwick to Buenos Aires will become a five weekly service, Gatwick to Miami a six weekly service, Gatwick to Orlando a five weekly service and Gatwick to Rio De Janeiro a three weekly service.
Notes to Editors:
*£155 one way price refers to lowest available fare between London Gatwick and New York JFK throughout the Summer 2020 schedule.
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries almost 6 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 30 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,500 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 12 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro from London Gatwick
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations and 14 long-haul destinations.
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.8 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for six consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2018, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights