Low-cost airline, Norwegian has put on sale its low-cost flights from Edinburgh next summer, with six city and sun destinations available including the return of its newest route to Barcelona.
Europe’s third low-cost airline is making it more affordable to book summer holidays for travel from 29 March by offering nearly 200,000seats to six European destinations served direct from Edinburgh Airport from £29.90.
Norwegian is one of the UK’s fastest growing carriers and launched twice weekly flights to Barcelona earlier this year which are set to return next summer. This route joins Norwegian’s existing range of business and leisure destinations from Edinburgh Airport including Malaga, Tenerife, Stockholm, Copenhagen and Oslo.
Thomas Ramdahl, Chief Commercial Officer at Norwegian said: “Our high quality low-cost flights are proving popular in Edinburgh which is why we’re bring back our newest route to Barcelona and affordable fares for the summer. We have big plans for the Scottish capital and putting on sale our summer programme is only the start as we continue to delight passengers with our free on board Wi-Fi, brand new aircraft and exciting destinations.”
Norwegian’s summer 2017 fares from Edinburgh are now available to book:
- Copenhagen - £29.90
- Barcelona – £34.90
- Malaga – £39.90
- Oslo – £47.40
- Tenerife – £49.90
- Stockholm - £49.90
Norwegian already offers the UK’s only direct low-cost flights to the U.S. serving 8 cities in the brand new state-of-the-art 787 Dreamliner aircraft.
Norwegian is the only airline at Edinburgh Airport offering all passengers free inflight Wi-Fi and live TV. The airline operates one of the youngest fleets of aircraft in Europe with an average age of 3.6 years.
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian first launched UK flights in 2003 and now operates from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to more than 40 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 3.9 million yearly passengers, and with more than 700 pilots, cabin crew and staff working from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 8 U.S destinations with fares from just £135 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for four consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2016, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in both 2015 and 2016