The Post Office has announced that Nick Read has been appointed as Group Chief Executive. Mr Read, who has 25 years of consumer and commercial experience, will join in September.
Post Office Chairman Tim Parker said: “Nick brings to the Post Office a wealth of experience from a range of sectors, including convenience retail, banking, and travel, with a strong track record of commercial success and a reputation for always putting customers first.
“I look forward to working with Nick as we drive the Post Office towards a bright and sustainable future, ever better for customers, easier for postmasters and a stronger more resilient business.”
Mr Read was previously CEO at both Extra Energy, and Nisa Retail, after senior roles at Tesco, Thomas Cook, Vodafone, HBOS and Lloyds Banking Group.
He said: “I am delighted to be appointed as Group CEO of Post Office, one of the UK’s most trusted brands and a business which plays such an important part in the lives of millions of customers every day.
“I am really looking forward to working with everyone involved in the business and in particular the thousands of postmasters around the country who are its lifeblood. I am determined that together we will ensure that Post Offices thrive as successful businesses wherever they are – from the busiest city streets to those serving the most rural communities in the UK.
“It is a privilege to have the opportunity to lead the business towards a sustainable future, meeting the commercial challenges of a rapidly changing world while at the same time cementing and enhancing the important role Post Offices play in the communities they serve.”
Post Office External Relations
Tel: 0207 012 3456
Follow us on Twitter @postofficenews
About Post Office:
- With 11,500 branches, the Post Office is among the larger retail networks in the UK.
- 98% of Post Office branches are run with retail partners on an agency or franchise basis.
- The Post Office provides services central to peoples’ everyday lives; 99.7% of the population lives within 3 miles of a Post Office.
- We offer the UK’s largest fee free cash withdrawal network through our 11,500 branches and an additional 2,500 cash machines and 99 per cent of UK bank customers can access their accounts at the Post Office.
- We sell 170 different products and services spanning financial services including savings, insurance, loans, mortgages and credit cards; Government services; telephony; foreign currency; travel insurance and mail services.
- Post Offices branches remain highly valued and trusted, and are the focal point of many communities. For more information; visit www.postoffice.co.uk and to find out about a Post Office business opportunities; visit www.runapostoffice.co.uk