MTV has today unveiled hip hop superstar Nicki Minaj as the host of the 2014 MTV EMA.
Just two weeks before she releases her highly anticipated third studio album The PinkPrint, Minaj will be hosting the world’s annual music awards show that celebrates the year’s hottest artists from around the globe. Announced to fans via Twitter, the Anaconda singer confirmed she is “so excited”, saying “I will not only perform, but I have the honorable task of HOSTING this year's #MTVEMA!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! ” The 2014 MTV EMA will broadcast live from SSE Hydro in Glasgow on Sunday, 9 November at 9:00pm CET*.
- Nicki Minaj will also perform at the 2014 MTV EMA, bringing her signature style and a no holds barred performance to the 20th anniversary MTV EMA.
- Minaj has been nominated in four MTV EMA categories, including Best Female, Best Hip Hop, Biggest Fans and Best Look.
- Voting in all categories for the 2014 MTV EMA is now open at mtvema.com and will close on 8 November 2014 at 11:59pm CET.
- For artwork, press assets and further information please visit press.mtvema.com.
The 2014 MTV EMA sponsored by essence and Someone Like Me, a global sex education campaign partnership between Durex and MTV Staying Alive Foundation, will air across MTV’s global network of more than 60 channels reaching nearly 700 million households around the world as well as through syndication. In addition, its convergent programming and content will reach the entire interactive community, via MTV’s more than 200 digital media properties around the world. The 2014 MTV EMA will broadcast on Sunday, November 9th at 9:00PM CET* from the SSE Hydro in Glasgow.
The MTV EMA – MTV’s global celebration of the hottest stars in music – recognizes artists from around the world and across genres, and brings together music fans everywhere for a one-of-a-kind experience in the weeks leading up to and at the show. Bruce Gillmer and Richard Godfrey are Executive Producers for the 2014 MTV EMA. The 2014 MTV EMA marks the first time that the show will be held in Glasgow, Scotland and has received support from Glasgow City Marketing Bureau and EventScotland. Follow @MTVEMA and check #MTVEMA on Twitter and find us on Instagram or Facebook. For MTV EMA news, updates and press materials please visit press.mtvema.com or follow us @VIMN_PR.
*Check local listings.
MTV is the world’s premier youth entertainment brand. With a global reach of more than a half-billion households, MTV is the cultural home of the millennial generation, music fans and artists, and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects and creates pop culture with its award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, online and mobile. Outside of the United States, MTV is part of Viacom International Media Networks, a division of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms.
Notes to Editors:
- Follow us on twitter: @visitscotnews
- VisitScotland is Scotland’s national tourism organisation. Its core purpose is to maximise the economic benefit of tourism to Scotland.
- The organisation has three key roles:
- To market Scotland to all parts of the world to attract visitors
- To provide information – and inspiration – to visitors and potential visitors so they get the best out of a visit to Scotland
- To provide quality assurance to visitors and quality advice to the industry and partners to help the industry meet and strive to exceed customer expectations
- VisitScotland works together with tourism businesses to make tourism a success for everyone and ensure the industry continues to grow.
- The organisation employs 700 people and has offices and VisitScotland Information Centres across Scotland.
- 2014 is the year Scotland welcomes the world, when it hosts the Glasgow Commonwealth Games, the Ryder Cup at Gleneagles and more than 800 Homecoming events throughout the country.For more information on Homecoming Scotland 2014, go to www.visitscotland.com
- The VisitScotland Information Centre network is a unique face-to-face channel engaging with around five million visitors and locals each year. Everyone who uses a VisitScotland Information Centre goes on to spend an additional £5.35, generating over £24 million for Scotland’s economy.
- According to a recent Deloitte study, tourism employs 270,000 people in Scotland in 20,000 diverse businesses. The same study calculates that the industry contributes £11 billion annually (direct and indirect impact, including day visits) and supports around 10 per cent of employment in Scotland. Almost 16 million tourists take overnight trips to Scotland.
- Where possible, a Gaelic speaker will be made available for broadcast interviews on request (Far an tèid iarraidh, agus far am bheil sin nar comas, bruidhinnidh neach le Gàidhlig aig agallamh)
- For holiday information on Scotland go to www.visitscotland.com
- For information about business tourism in Scotland go to www.conventionscotland.com
- For more information on VisitScotland’s annual review please go to www.visitscotland.org/about_us/our_focus/annual_report.aspx