Press release -
FM Mattsson is launching MEDICARE – a collection of mixers focusing on hygiene, accessibility and sustainability
FM Mattsson’s new MEDICARE collection is designed in collaboration with the healthcare sector to meet the market’s accessibility and hygiene requirements. The new collection includes basin mixers with an emphasis on hygiene, accessibility and sustainability.
The FM Mattsson MEDICARE collection has been designed in close collaboration with healthcare professionals. The products were developed to meet the specific needs of the healthcare sector and make daily life easier for people with reduced mobility and orientation capacity.
- We spent a year conducting research and holding discussions with healthcare professions with the aim of designing an optimal range of mixers for hygiene and accessibility. We’ve learned a lot on this exciting journey, and our goal now is to launch the new products on the market to support the needs and requirements of our customers,” says Frank Rälg, Product Manager FM Mattsson.
Ergonomic design that increases accessibility
FM Mattsson’s MEDICARE products focus on hygiene, accessibility and sustainability. They have a clean visual design with round, smooth lines, and joints have been kept to a minimum. A choice of different lever lengths, clear colour markings and extra long spouts are some of the features that offer improved user accessibility. Another such feature is an aerator angled at 32 degrees, which optimises the aim of the water jet in the basin.
- Under the Swedish Planning and Building Act, buildings must be accessible and usable for people with reduced mobility and orientation capacity. The word ‘usable’ is a very strong requirement. For example, it must be possible to use a bathroom without assistance. Mixers play a central role in daily hygiene in this context, and we’re delighted to see that FM Mattsson’s MEDICARE range meets the necessary requirements while also having an attractive, minimalist design,” says Maarit Lundvall, accessibility consultant at Tyrèns.
In addition to meeting the accessibility requirements, the Medicare collection also features FM Mattsson’s well-known energy-saving solutions and functions such as cold start and soft closing. Moreover, the collection is made from a lead-free material at FM Mattsson’s factory in Mora, Sweden.
- We see it as a strong advantage that our mixers are manufactured here in Mora. This allows us to offer highly sustainable products, better access to spare parts and excellent customer service, while also facilitating our continued development of products in this segment. Now we are launching basin mixers, but this is just the beginning, concludes Frank.
• FM Mattsson MEDICARE - Art.nr 3250-0010
• FM Mattsson MEDICARE – Art.nr 3250-0110
• FM Mattsson MEDICARE – Art.nr 3250-4010
• FM Mattsson MEDICARE – Art.nr 3250-4110
• FM Mattsson MEDICARE – Art.nr 3257-0010
FM Mattsson Mora Group conducts the sale, manufacture and product development of water taps under the strong, established brands of Mora Armatur, FM Mattsson, Damixa and Hotbath. The group’s vision is to be the customer’s first choice for mixer taps in the bathroom and kitchen. In 2018 the business generated sales of more than SEK 1.4 billion from its companies in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Benelux and Germany and had over 500 employees (figures adjusted for the acquisition of Hotbath in May 2019). FM Mattsson Mora Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.