Press release -
Grants available to boost neighbourhood wellbeing
Community groups are being given another chance to win up to £1,500 to improve the health and wellbeing of their neighbourhood.
The funding, from Bury Council, is to support local projects that are community-led and help people to help themselves and others live a good life.
Applications that meet the criteria must attend ‘The Pitch’ presentation events, where those in attendance vote for the projects they wish to see funded.
For more details, and an application form, go to https://www.onecommunitybury.co.uk/the-pitch-funding-event
The closing date for applications is noon on Friday 8 February.
Councillor Tamoor Tariq, cabinet member for communities and safer neighbourhoods, said: “This funding has already helped scores of community groups across the borough to help their neighbourhoods with a huge range of projects, chosen by local people. I urge everyone to get their applications in before the deadline, and to come along to their local Pitch event and vote for their favourite projects.”
If you are invited to make your pitch for funding, The Pitch dates and venues are as follows:
- Bury West - Saturday 2 March, at All Saints Church, Hebburn Drive
- Whitefield and Unsworth - Sunday 3 March, at St Michael’s Parish Hall, Ribble Drive
- Radcliffe - Saturday 9 March, at Radcliffe United Reformed Church, Blackburn Street
- Prestwich - Sunday 10 March, at the Maccabi Centre, Bury Old Road
- Ramsbottom, Tottington and North Manor - Saturday 16 March, at Holcombe Brook Tennis Club, Longsight Road
- Bury East - Saturday 23 March, at the Polish Centre, Back East Street
Press release issued: 25 January 2019.