News • Oct 23, 2020 18:59 BST
From 24 October the following road works will be taking place in Ramsbottom. These may cause some disruption and people are advised to plan ahead and allow more time for their journey.
24-25 October: Bolton Road West
- United Utilities engineers will carry out maintenance works on Bolton Road West in the vicinity of Hope Street.
- Temporary traffic lights will be in operation.
From 26 October: Market Street
- Cadent Gas engineers will carry out urgent work to fix a leaking gas pipe at Market Place in Ramsbottom.
- The works will start on Monday 26 October and will be completed as quickly as possible.
- Temporary traffic lights will be in operation at the junction of Bolton Street/Bridge Street/Carr Street/Ramsbottom Lane replacing the existing permanent traffic lights.
- Market Place will be temporarily closed.
26-27 October: Bolton Road West
- United Utilities engineers will carry out maintenance works to repair a leak on Bolton Road West.
- Temporary traffic lights will be in operation at the junction of Bolton Road West and Lansdowne Close.
From 24 October various road works will be taking place in Ramsbottom. These may cause some disruption and people are advised to plan ahead and allow more time for their journey.
Press releases • Oct 23, 2020 14:11 BST
Final draft proposals published for Greater Manchester’s plan for homes, jobs, & the environment – the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework #GMSF Northern Gateway employment site 20,000 jobs 3 strategic housing sites + 2 smaller sites New schools, road links, tram stop, walking & cycling Proposals to be considered by Cabinet + Full Council before consultation begins on 1 Dec to 26 Jan.
Press releases • Oct 22, 2020 12:33 BST
The annual Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday events will be different this year due to restrictions during the coronavirus pandemic. As such, no parades or ceremonies are to take place across the borough of Bury at cenotaphs or war memorials. Church services may go ahead on the basis of current Covid-secure guidelines but must not be moved outside for people to gather.
Press releases • Oct 19, 2020 11:59 BST
Proposals for intermediate care services in Bury that aim to reduce waste and improve the range of services available to benefit more people are being consulted on, and local people are being asked to share their views.
Press releases • Oct 16, 2020 14:42 BST
Once open, the new coronavirus testing centre in Prestwich, which will be run by the Department of Health and Social Care, will offer another option to the existing range of testing centres available in the borough. This includes walk-through, drive-through and bookable appointments.
Press releases • Oct 14, 2020 14:29 BST
A resident of Prestwich has had all his TVs, stereos and speakers seized for continuing to cause a noise nuisance to his neighbour.
Press releases • Oct 14, 2020 00:10 BST
Bury’s main dozen parks will be flying the Green Flag today after more than a decade of winning this national honour.
About Bury Council
Committed to providing good quality services to our residents
Bury Council consists of six towns, Bury, Ramsbottom, Tottington, Radcliffe, Whitefield and Prestwich. Formed in April 1974 as a result of Local Government re-organisation it was one of the ten original districts that formed the County of Greater Manchester. The Borough has an area of 9,919 hectares (24,511 acres) and serves a population of 187,500.
- Bury Council
- Knowsley Street
- BL9 OSW Bury, Lancashire