A huge range of artistic creations is now on display at the annual exhibition by Bury Art Society.
The show, which runs at Bury Art Museum until 28 September, was officially opened by the Mayor and Mayoress of Bury, Councillor Trevor Holt and his wife Evelyn.
The mayor presented the following awards:
- Millennium Award – Gill Pilkington for ‘Calm After the Storm’
- David Swithenbank Award – Gary Stockport for ‘Cheetahs in the Shade’
- Tommy Valentine Landscape Award – Graham Lomas for ‘The Old Pheasantry’
- Mary Edyvean Award – Gillian Holt for ‘Daffodils’
- Life Image Award – Maureen McCance for ‘Summer Cool’
Two works were Highly Commended: ‘Lily Pods, Tottington’ by Alison Adams and ‘Medlock Spring’ by Phil Raynes.
Three works were Commended: ‘City Lights’ by Wright Platt, 'Manchester Christmas Market’ by Ranjana, and ‘Kohlrabi for Sale, Valletta’ by Judith Turner.
During the exhibition members of the public are invited to vote for their favourite painting which will be awarded the “Mary Shaw People’s Prize”.
Bury Art Society meets on Monday evenings at Bury College during term-time and always welcomes new members. For more information, visit http://buryartsociety.com/
Press release issued: 8 August 2019.
Picture: The Mayor of Bury, Cllr Trevor Holt, meets award winners Gill Pilkington, Gary Stockport, Gillian Holt and Maureen McCance.