This afternoon it is revealed who will be the Swedish Chef of the Year 2013, On February 18 an international seminar "Nordic Food Localism - a sustainable way to live and eat?" is held and in March the Swedish gastronomy guide, White Guide, will reveal which restaurants are the best in Sweden. In May 2014, Europe's premier chefs will travel to Stockholm for the European Food Championchip, Bocuse d'Or Europe, which takes place in conjunction with the trade fair GastroNord. There are many reasons to keep your eyes open in Stockholm for those who are fond of food.
The Seminar at Fotografiska, February 18, is about Nordic food and a sustainable society. It is organized by the organization Future perfect. Speakers include two star Michelin chef Mathias Dahlgren, who runs the restaurants Mathias Dahlgren at Grand Hôtel in Stockholm and Carolyn Steel, author of the bestseller ¨ Hungry City
Here are five food events in Stockholm
- 8 February- Finale Swedish Chef of the Year Årets Kock
- 18 February- Nordic Food Localism - a sustainable way to live and eat? at Fotografiska
- 4 March – White Guide Swedish gastronomy guide
- 5-9 June – Smaka på stockholm - public food festival in Kungsträdgården park in Stockholm
- 7-9 May 2014 – Bocuse d’Or Europé / GastroNord at Stockholmsmässan