Press release -
Lars Appelqvist may be CEO of the Year
Lars Appelqvist at Löfbergs may be CEO of the Year. This year's finalists for the prestigious Swedish award have been presented. The goal with this award is to bring out good examples and pay attention to competent CEOs, who are leading their organizations and Swedish business forward. On October 25, the winners will be revealed.
- Naturally, it is a great honour to be one of the final candidates, especially since the jury has attached great importance to the qualities of leadership in CSR and sustainability matters, says Lars Appelqvist, CEO at Löfbergs.
CEO of the Year consists of three different categories: small, mid-size and large companies. Lars is nominated in the category Mid-size companies, where he is up against Erik Fichtelius at UR (Swedish Educational Broadcasting Company), among others. Every category has six finalists.
CEO of the Year is a co-operation between Motivation.se and Executive People.
For more information:
Lars Appelqvist, CEO, Löfbergs, telephone: +46 (0) 54-14 01 29
Facts about CEO of the Year
CEO of the Year is an award that aims at bringing out good examples and paying attention to competent CEOs, who are leading their organizations and Swedish business forward.
Finalists in the category Mid-size companies (200-1000 employees):
- Lars Appelqvist, Löfbergs
- Karin Bodin, Polarbröd
- Erik Fichtelius, UR (Swedish Educational Broadcasting Company)
- Dimitris Gioulekas, Knightec
- Sarah McPhee, SPP
- Johan Oljeqvist, Fryshuset
- Bicky Chakraborty, CEO, Elite Hotel
- Catherine Sahlgren, CEO, Selecta
- Cecilia Giertta CEO, Brewers of Sweden
- Johan Lilja, Director, Läkarmissionen
- Sigrun Hjelmquist, Executive Partner, Facesso AB
- Bosse Brixeman, CEO, Executive People
- Per Winblad, CEO & Editor in Chief, Motivation.se
- The winner is actively working with CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility), which means taking responsibility for how the company is affecting the society financially, environmentally and socially.
- The winner has the ability to lead people and through its leadership makes people grow.
- The winner has the ability to build an organization and has shown good results in the businesses he/she has worked as a CEO for.
Löfbergs is one of the largest family-owned coffee roasters in the Nordic countries. The company has 280 employees and a turnover of SEK 1.5 billion. The head office is situated in Karlstad, Sweden and the company has its own roasting-houses in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Latvia. The company was founded in 1906 and is today one of the world's largest importers of ecological and Fairtrade labelled coffee. Löfbergs also owns the tea brand Kobbs.