Press release -
Weekly led walks are back in the New Year
Beat the lockdown blues by joining a volunteer-led walk around some of the borough’s most scenic areas in the New Year.
The weekly Bury Walk With Me events are back from the first week in January and provide a great chance to get some exercise, fresh air and the company of others – in the safe outdoors!
Due to Covid restrictions, people need to phone up and book their place on the walks – don’t just turn up.
The first walks are as follows:
- Bury Hospice Walk and Talk: Tuesday 5 January at 10:30am. (Bookings taken each Monday between 2pm-4pm on 07786 935 276)
- BEATS (Longer) Community Walk: Friday 8 Jan at 10:30am. (Bookings taken each Thursday between 2pm-4pm on 0161 253 7530)
- Chesham Woods & Parkland Walk: Monday 11 Jan at 1pm. (Bookings taken each Monday between 10am-12pm on 07934 076 790)
- Greenmount Community Walk: Tuesday 12 Jan at 10:30am. (Bookings taken each Monday between 2pm-4pm on 07979 949 090)
- Prestwich Community Walk: Saturday 16 Jan at 10:30am. (Bookings taken each Friday between 2pm-4pm on 07742 739 880)
- Macmillan Cancer Support Walk: Tuesday 19 Jan at 11am. (Bookings taken each Monday between 2pm-4pm on 07714 719 039)
- BEATS (Short) Community Walk: Wednesday 20 Jan at 1pm. (Bookings taken each Wednesday. between 10am-12pm on 0161 253 7530)
- Radcliffe Community Walk. Thursday 21 Jan at 1pm. (Bookings taken each Thursday between 10am-12pm on: 07771 602 089)
To keep Covid-safe, walkers will be in groups of six and keep two metres apart. Participants are advised to bring hand sanitiser and a face
mask, and not to share food or drink with other walkers. Remember – do not attend a walk if you have symptoms of Covid, but stay at home and book a test.
Bury Walk with Me was created through Bury Sport & Physical Activity Service to provide a variety of led walking opportunities throughout the townships of Bury.
The walks cater for a variety of fitness levels and last from 30 minutes to 90 minutes. They are suitable for beginners, regular walkers or just those who would like to go for a scenic stroll with like-minded individuals.
For more details, go to https://www.walkingforhealth.org.uk/walkfinder/bury-walk-me
Press release issued: 15 December 2020.