STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN, June 14, 2016 –– Several acclaimed academic, diplomatic, business, culture and community leaders have been appointed to the Honorary Board of Plantagon, world leading company within agritechture. The Honorary Board today consists of eight leading architects, politicians and academics. The group plays an important role in discussing, driving and developing the transformative solutions needed to meet the future challenges of food security, sustainable city planning and the new industry of urban agriculture.
The Plantagon Honorary Board was created guided by the vision of Plantagon’s founders Professor Oren R. Lyons and Hans Hassle, today Chairman and General Secretary of Plantagon International Association. The Plantagon Honorary Board will when it is fulfilled consist of 12 academic, diplomatic, business, culture and community leaders with records of worldwide achievement that command respect and trust.
“I would like to extend a warm welcome to our distinguished Honorary Board members. Their extensive experience in environmental policy work, agricultural development and city planning will be an invaluable asset to us,” says Professor Oren R. Lyons, Chairman of Plantagon International Association and the Plantagon Honorary Board.
”We have envisioned globally recognized individuals to contribute to the Plantagon development and our international network by lectures, talks and debates, etc. at both our webinars and physical gatherings. The preliminary content of the annual program is set containing keynote speakers, experts and lecturers. The timing for the different activities will be set as we move along on the annual schedule of the network,says Hans Hassle, General Secretary of Plantagon International Association.
The Plantagon Honorary Board at present consists of:
- Ms. Connie Hedegaard, Former European Commissioner, EU Commission - Copenhagen, Denmark
- Professor Oren R. Lyons, University of Buffalo / Faithkeeper of Onondaga Nation, Onondaga Nation, New York State
- Professor Dickson Despommier, Columbia University, New York City, United States
- Dr. Franz Fischler, former European Commissioner for Agriculture & Rural Development / Executive Director of Fischler Consult GMBH, Absam, Austria.
- Dr. Jan de Wilt, Agribusiness Program Manager, The Innovation Network, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Deputy Secretary General Monika Zimmermann at ICLEI, Local Governments for Sustainability, Bonn, Germany.
- Prof. Lou Yongqi, Dean and Vice President, Tongji University, Shanghai, China
- Prof. William McDonough, Chair of World Economic Forum's Meta-Council on Circular Economy, Virginia, United States.
Chairman of the Plantagon Honorary Board is Professor Oren R. Lyons and Moderator is Mr. Mats Hellström; the former Swedish Minister of Trade and Agriculture and also former Swedish Ambassador to Germany.
Past seminars include:
- “Enabling Technology for Smart Sustainable Cities”, Keynote speaker: Professor Dickson Despommier, Columbia University, New York City, at The Dome of Visions, KTH, Stockholm, June 9, 2016.
- “New ways to tackle Food and Nutrition Security - The Role of the EU Agri-Food Sector”, with Dr. Franz Fischler, former European Commissioner for Agriculture & Rural Development / Executive Director of Fischler Consult GMBH, Absam, Austria, at The Summit, Stockholm, February 19, 2016.
- ”Sustainable leadership”, Professor Oren R Lyons, The Summit, Stockholm, November 4, 2015.
See the Calendar for more information about seminars and talks:http://www.urbanagricultureinitiative.com/calendar
Please contact Carin Balfe Arbman, PR Manager, email@example.com / +46 (0)70-633 35 08
Plantagon is active in the sector of urban agriculture and is a global innovation leader in the area. We use agritechture to meet the rising demand for locally grown food in cities around the world. We minimize the use of transportation, land, energy and water – adding value to real estate properties, utilizing city waste in the process but leaving no waste behind. www.plantagon.com