Tags: innovative growth company
Winning Big at the Food and Drink Federation 2020 Awards
In recognition of International Day of Women and Girls in Science, we celebrate Emma McLeod’s recent win for the Food and Drink Federation’s 2020 Engineer of the Year award.
Mondelez International to invest £15 million in Bournville to create a new production line for Cadbury Dairy Milk tablets
• Company to consolidate majority of Cadbury Dairy Milk tablet production at Bournville from 2022. • Investment in new production line will see 12,000 tonnes more Cadbury Dairy Milk tablets – equivalent to 125 million bars - made at site each year. • Builds on £80 million invested in Bournville since 2014 to modernise site and drive efficiencies.
Roger Angold Wins Lifetime Achievement Award
Pioneering food science researcher, respected consultant and inspiring mentor, Roger Angold, has been presented with the Food & Drink Federation’s Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of his outstanding dedication to the industry.
Mondelēz International Honoured As One Of The UK’s Best Places To Work In 2021
Mondelēz International has been honoured with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, recognising the Best Places to Work in 2021.
Mondelēz International highlighted in UK Plastics pact report as company makes progress towards long term vision of zero net waste packaging
• Company’s sustainable packaging progress highlighted in UK Plastics Pact Report • UK business continues to contribute to Mondelēz International’s global targets of eliminating 65,000 tonnes of packaging, ensuring clear labelling to help consumers recycle and achieving 100% recyclable packaging [~94% of all our packaging is recyclable].
Mondelēz International removes 1.1 million plastic trays from all adult selection boxes in UK & Ireland this Christmas
Mondelēz International removes 1.1 million plastic trays from all adult selection boxes in UK & Ireland this Christmas.
Mondelēz International Supports Global Harmonization on Plastics Recycling, Calls for Collaborative Action on Flexible Films
Mondelēz International are committed to strengthening packaging recycling initiatives, efforts, & are contributing to developing extended producer responsibility (EPR) programs. Mondelēz is supportive of the call for harmonized approach on plastics recycling & is on track to achieve 2025 goal for 100% of all packaging designed to be recycled; 94% of all packaging already designed to be recycled.
Mondelez International partners with AIM to trial digital watermarks for smarter packaging recycling in Europe
Mondelez International has partnered with AIM - the European Brands Association - alongside other European companies and organisations, to trial a pioneering digital technology, to assess whether it could enable better sorting and higher-quality recycling rates for packaging in the EU.
Mondelēz International cuts Cadbury large share bag packaging by 15%, removing the equivalent length of 20 football pitches of plastic from the UK
Cadbury will use 15% less packaging across its iconic large sharing bags whilst keeping the same amount of treats inside. New pack will remove the equivalent length of 20 football pitches worth of plastic from the UK, reducing trucks required to transport tasty treats by 14%. This packaging optimisation is a result of the company’s internal ‘Snackathon’ innovation competition.
Mondelēz International Announces Significant Packaging Innovation with Philadelphia Tubs and Lids Set to be Made with Recycled Plastic
• World’s most popular cream cheese plans to utilise recycled plastic containers starting in 2022, using recycled material from innovative advanced recycling technology • Important step in company’s long-term goal to achieve zero net waste • Follows UK move to use recycled PET plastic in Dairylea Lunchables
Mondelēz International uses 3D chocolate-making technology to make medical visors for NHS and frontline staff
•Mondelez teams up with engineering company 3P Innovation to produce medical visors for NHS workers and other frontline services • New investment in technology means that four medical visors can be printed every minute – thousands a day • 3P innovation appealing for other businesses to join with aim of making and producing up to 10,000 medical visors a week
Mondelēz International to Acquire Leading In-store Bakery Company, Give & Go
• Give & Go is the North American leader in fully-finished sweet baked goods • Acquisition further expands Mondelēz International’s leadership in broader snacking • Current Give & Go management team will maintain a minority interest
Mondelēz International Sets Science-Based Targets to Reduce Emissions and Create Sustainable Future for Snacking
- Company confirms 2025 goal to reduce absolute end-to-end greenhouse gas emissions by 10%, compared to 2018 - Targets consistent with reductions in emissions necessary to keep global warming well below 2 degrees Celsius - Mondelēz International listed in 95th percentile for industry on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index
Cadbury Launches World-First Paper Packaging Trial in New Zealand
In a world-first, Mondelez International has launched its Cadbury Energy bar in new packaging made from 100 percent recyclable sustainably sourced paper that will be trialled and tested exclusively by New Zealand consumers.
Mondelēz International Releases First-Ever State of Snacking™ Report Exploring Evolving Global Consumer Snacking Trends
• Study confirms global snacking on the rise as more consumers opt for snacks over meals to fulfill evolving needs. • Snacking in the United Kingdom is an integral routine of daily life - average daily snack intake in the UK exceeds average meals consumed as Brits depend on snacks to help them get through the day.
Cadbury owners, Mondelez International, invest £4.7 million into Reading Science Centre
• Mondelez International, home to some of Britain’s best loved brands including Cadbury Dairy Milk, Green & Black’s and OREO, invests £4.7 million to develop new and improved products • 50 new food science and engineering jobs to be created at Reading Science centre
Gloucestershire pupils get a taste of the food industry from snacking leader
Students from Cleeve School in Cheltenham have been given an insight into how diverse a career in the food industry can be, from engineering and science, to advertising and communications.
Mondelēz International Delivers Strong Progress Against Its Sustainable and Mindful Snacking Goals
Achieves goal of 15 percent net revenue from portion control snacks ahead of target Strong progress against 2020 sustainable agriculture and environmental impact Outlines 2025 sustainable and mindful snacking goals
Mondelēz International appoints Vince Gruber to lead its European business
February 25, 2019 – As of January 2019, Vince Gruber has taken over the role of Executive Vice President & President Europe for Mondelēz International.
Mondelēz International Outlines Long-Term Strategy and Provides 2019 Guidance
Mondelēz International Chief Executive Officer, Dirk Van de Put, and other senior executives outline the company’s new long-term strategy to generate sustainable shareholder value. The company also established new long-term targets, reaffirmed its 2018 outlook, and provided an outlook for 2019.