Subjects: Industry, manufacturing
Mondelēz International Announces Significant Packaging Innovation with Philadelphia Tubs and Lids Set to be Made with Recycled Plastic
• World’s most popular cream cheese plans to utilise recycled plastic containers starting in 2022, using recycled material from innovative advanced recycling technology • Important step in company’s long-term goal to achieve zero net waste • Follows UK move to use recycled PET plastic in Dairylea Lunchables and Dairylea Snackers
Mondelēz International team takes on 10,000 mile challenge for charity
The virtual challenge was devised after the team’s annual charity cycle ride was postponed due to the impact of COVID-19, with the group working towards its 2020 target of raising £10,000 for charity.
Mondelēz International Accelerates Progress in Delivering against its Sustainability and Well-being Goals
• Meets or exceeds 2019 sustainability commitments and on track for ambitious 2025 targets • By end of 2019, 63% cocoa volume for chocolate brands sourced sustainably through Cocoa life • Confirms 93% packaging designed to be recyclable; on-track to reach 100%
West Midlands charities receive donations of treats
Mondelēz International has donated over 3,500 delicious treats to charities across the West Midlands over the last 3 weeks.
Mondelēz International uses 3D chocolate-making technology to make medical visors for NHS and frontline staff
•Mondelez teams up with engineering company 3P Innovation to produce medical visors for NHS workers and other frontline services • New investment in technology means that four medical visors can be printed every minute – thousands a day • 3P innovation appealing for other businesses to join with aim of making and producing up to 10,000 medical visors a week
Mondelēz International reports on actions to scale up forest protection in cocoa growing areas, address climate change and reduce emissions
• Mondelēz International’s Cocoa Life program publishes progress to combat deforestation as part of the Cocoa & Forests Initiative • Cocoa Life meets target to map 100% of the farms registered with Cocoa Life in Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire and Indonesia when targets were set in 2018 • First-ever tree registration app for farmers launched in Ghana to register their trees digitally via smartphone
Mondelēz International Joins Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s New Plastics Economy Initiative and The UK Plastics Pact to Accelerate Company’s Transition to a Circular Economy for Plastic
• The initiatives support Mondelēz International’s ambition to create zero net waste packaging • Announcement furthers Mondelēz International’s 2025 sustainability goals
Mondelēz International Takes Action to Support and Protect Communities during COVID-19 Crisis
• Makes $15 Million Global Commitment to Aid Relief Support Around the World • Commitment to be Mobilized through Global, Local and Brand initiatives
Mondelēz International to Acquire Leading In-store Bakery Company, Give & Go
• Give & Go is the North American leader in fully-finished sweet baked goods • Acquisition further expands Mondelēz International’s leadership in broader snacking • Current Give & Go management team will maintain a minority interest
Mondelēz International Sets Science-Based Targets to Reduce Emissions and Create Sustainable Future for Snacking
- Company confirms 2025 goal to reduce absolute end-to-end greenhouse gas emissions by 10%, compared to 2018 - Targets consistent with reductions in emissions necessary to keep global warming well below 2 degrees Celsius - Mondelēz International listed in 95th percentile for industry on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index
Thousands of Birmingham students swap pens for pans for cook-a-long with Michelin Star chef
More than 1,000 school children from across Birmingham are set for a cookery lesson with a Michelin Star twist, as yummy Brummie Glynn Purnell will lead this year’s Health for Life Cookathon.Starting
Mondelez International invites new apprentices to sink teeth into snacking
- Mondelez International needs 11 hungry apprentices for our UK sites in Bournville and Reading - 6 Apprenticeships will experiment with the ingredients of future products at our Reading Research Centre - Another of the Apprenticeships will create the chocolate bars of tomorrow in our Bournville Global Centre of Chocolate Excellence
Twist, Lick, Dunk! Mondelēz International Sets GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS Title for Most People Dunking Cookies
GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title set with 5,066 participants across 32 countries in a simultaneous ‘Twist, Lick, Dunk!’
Birmingham nursery and primary schools awarded for efforts to lead healthier lifestyles
Birmingham primary and nursery school students got the chance to meet the Lord Mayor, as he commended them for their efforts in leading healthier lifestyles
Cadbury Launches World-First Paper Packaging Trial in New Zealand
In a world-first, Mondelez International has launched its Cadbury Energy bar in new packaging made from 100 percent recyclable sustainably sourced paper that will be trialled and tested exclusively by New Zealand consumers.
When it’s crunch time, Brits opt for Crunchie in battle of Cadbury Heroes at Christmas!
•Survey finds Crunchie and Twirl are the UK’s Heroes of Cadbury Heroes •The Hazel Whirl is the Rose of all Roses, with Hazel in Caramel also scoring highly •Almost two-thirds of UK adults believe Christmas isn’t complete without chocolate
Birmingham food-bank receives golden delivery on Giving Tuesday!
Our Bournville based Customer Service and Logistics (CS&L) team donated a golden pallet packed with treats for the festive period to local food-bank B30 in South Birmingham.
Mondelez teams up with FareShare to spread a little generosity to thousands of vulnerable people this Christmas
•To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Cadbury Heroes, Mondelez International has donated over 150,000 products to FareShare, the UK's largest charity fighting hunger and food waste. •Mondelez is calling on Brits to become ‘Food Heroes’ by donating or volunteering their time to FareShare. •Donations are needed more than ever - FareShare supported 924,000 people per week last year.
Mondelēz International Releases First-Ever State of Snacking™ Report Exploring Evolving Global Consumer Snacking Trends
• Study confirms global snacking on the rise as more consumers opt for snacks over meals to fulfill evolving needs. • Snacking in the United Kingdom is an integral routine of daily life - average daily snack intake in the UK exceeds average meals consumed as Brits depend on snacks to help them get through the day.
Cadbury curator’s incredible collection goes on display to the public at Cadbury World
Following the generous donation of thousands of items of Cadbury memorabilia dating as far back as the 1800s, a new exhibition showcasing nearly 2,000 pieces from the collection has been unveiled at Cadbury World.