Press release -
BBC collaborates with Timeshare Consumer Association to expose Barclays loans scandal
Award winning national BBC finance program Money Box reports on timeshare loans scandal, following advice and direction from leading timeshare consumer association
Watch video on YouTube here
Thanks to the counsel and direction of Timeshare Consumer Association (TCA), acclaimed national radio show Moneybox was able to advise its two million listeners on the shocking timeshare loan saga
For years, Barclays Partner Finance has been fiercely criticised over their association with disgraced Maltese timeshare company Azure. People who took out loans to buy timeshare complained of high pressure sales, dishonesty, and unlicensed, commission only timeshare salespeople handling and manipulating the application process.
M1 Legal, a leading firm of timeshare lawyers spearheaded the campaign which led to Barclays cancelling nearly 1500 loans (worth around £48 million), refunding all payments made and paying interest on those payments. It took 4 years and the lawyers at the forefront of the campaign have achieved legendary status in the legal community for defeating the giant finance house
BBC Seeks TCA's expertise
BBC Radio 4's industry leading, respected financial advice program Moneybox had been alerted to the loan scandal by victim "Sheila" from Milton Keynes. Moneybox reporter Daniel Whitworth got in touch with the Timeshare Consumer Association in June 2021, and spoke with TCA's Information Officer, Daniel Keating.
Keating was already communicating with the lawyers involved, and put the grateful Whitworth in touch with the legal champions. Over the course of many phone calls, TCA and M1 Legal brought Whitworth and his colleagues up to speed with the intricacies of the case. The program aired 26th June 2021 and immediately the Timeshare Consumer Association's switchboard lit up with enquiries from other timeshare owners who had felt pressured into life changing loans.
Other timeshare loans targeted for refunds
Keating explains that while the BPF victory is a huge win , it may be only the tip of the iceberg. "This £48 million in cancelled, refunded loans only covers the BPF loans written at one particular timeshare resort, in a specific two year period. We believe that people who suffered from similar unsafe alliances between other high pressure timeshare operations and finance houses may be similarly liable."
For free, expert, independent advice on timeshare related issues, contact the Timeshare Consumer Association on the details below
- Timeshare Consumer Association contact page
- M1 Legal lawyer compared to Erin Brockovich following defeat of Barclays
- Who are the Timeshare Consumer Association
- Brit couple´s £58k loan nightmare. Barclays under fire over relationship with disgraced Maltese timeshare company
- Barclays facing potential loss of £billions over fresh timeshare mis-selling claims
- Huge win for consumers 'mis-sold' Barclays Partner Finance loans by disgraced timeshare company
- Timeshare manipulation tactics. How people are influenced to buy on the day
- (Video) Lawyer achieves legendary status after defeating Barclays
- Timeshare Consumer Association reviews
- Appeal announced against Barclays Partner Finance judgement for Azure timeshare loans
- Stirlingshire couple lose home after being sold £21k Seasons timeshare they only owned for one year
- £120,000 timeshare victims. Brit couple facing retirement with crippling debts
- Dan whitworth
- Timeshare Advice Centre
- timeshare compensation
- adriana stoyanova m1 legal
- Who are the TCA
- Timeshare Consumer Association
- M1 Legal
- Timeshare refund
- Who are TCA
- timeshare compensation claim
- Timeshare reclaims
- timeshare consumer association review
- Timeshare consumer association reviews
- help with timeshare problems
- Can tca be trusted?
- Daniel Keating
- TCA reviews
- Radio 4
- Timeshare advice
- Timeshare refund claims
- Who are Timeshare Consumer Association
- Money Box
- Adriana Stoyanova
- can tca be trusted
- Timeshare compensation claims
- Who are the timeshare consumer association
Timeshare Consumer Association. Contact us on: T: +44 2036704588 or +44 2035193808 (ask for Daniel), E: firstname.lastname@example.org (Address to Daniel).
WhatsApp (message only) +447586871055
TCA provides a central resource of consumer information on timeshare matters for the media and other organisations – We work towards encouraging responsible, honest, timeshare operators. We also publicly expose negative consumer practices and organisations which operate in a manner detrimental to timeshare buyers and owners.
An important part of our mission is to lobby UK and European Governments and regulatory bodies for improved consumer protection in the timeshare environment and collect information on frauds and mis-selling, for action by enforcement authorities.
We are staffed by former and current timeshare owners, as well as former timeshare industry staff. We know our way around the timeshare business
Timeshare Consumer Association Newsdesk here
Timeshare Consumer Association on YouTube here
Timeshare Consumer Association on Facebook here
Timeshare Consumer Association on Medium here
Timeshare Consumer Association on LinkedIn here
Timeshare Consumer Association on Quora here
Timeshare Consumer Association website here
We are a proud member of the UK Small Charities Coalition